Film Licenses are issued by the Department of Film Services (DFS). Fill out an application form and pay the application fee.
Documentaries, Dramas, Short Features Ads and Stills licenses cost: Ksh. 5,000. Licenses are issued immediately.
Full Length Feature Films and Reality TV shows: Ksh. 15, 000. License issued immediately.
For more information log on to www.filmservices.go.ke
Removal of Current Import Duty 25% and VAT 16% on television cameras, digital cameras and video camera recorders
This was amended in the National Budget June 2009, effective date being 12th June 2009.
The amendments done were:-
- Removal of the current Import Duty of 25% and VAT of 16% on Television Cameras, Digital Cameras and Video Camera Recorders.
- Zero-rating for VAT and taxable goods and services offered to film producers.
- Granting a one hundred percent (100%) Investment deduction on Capital Expenditure incurred by a film producer or purchase of any filming equipment.
To apply for zero rating for film producers, complete the FL1 form attached here and submit to the Department of Film Services.
New regulation by Kenya Bureau of Standards on all importers of goods coming to kenya click here for more information
Kenya Wildlife Services 2016 tarriffs http://www.kws.go.ke/licensing
General Kenya Drone Laws
Drone use is allowed in Kenya, but there are several Kenya drone laws that need to be followed when flying in the country.
- You must first receive approval to operate your drone from the ministry of Defence. Contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Once you have received approval from the ministry of Defence you must apply to the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority and receive approval to fly your drone. Contact information is listed at the bottom of this page.